Thursday, August 21, 2014

Recovery Marathon :)

The problem with completing an ironman is the ever talked about post-ironman blues. Fortunately, in Minneapolis, we find ourselves in an edurance mecca. What else do you expect with a winter so cold and arduous? It is incumbent on ourselves to get out and ensure that the warmer months are celebrated to the maximum. Therefore, it is toward the end of this warm season they call summer, that we find ourselves with one of the most picturesque and well supported marathons in the nation. It would have been rude not to. Plus, I had the added motivation of supporting the charity that I have raced alongside the last few years during the Lifetime Triathlon. A triathlon I missed this year and greatly missed the team. It wouldn't hurt to find out if I can break 4 hours for the marathon distance either!

Only 6 weeks between the long endurance event of an ironman to a marathon seems only a short time. However, I chose to view the marathon distance of only having to complete one third   of a   much more intimidating distance, thus enticing in it's short nature. Could I completed a marathon in less than 4 hours? Only the day will tell. I have the help of good training and supprt, plus a running partner in Napoleon that will be sure to push me during race day.

The Twin Cities Marathon has been a family affair for the last few years. An event that almost would be amiss if it weren't on the family calendar. It is very much being look forward to. Let the six weeks of running begin!

Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment