Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cold and sweats

This week has been training contrasts. First the cold, wind and rain of Sunday's not so long bike ride. Now the heavy heat and humidity of Fort Walton Beach, FL and the key run.

It was very tough today. A lot had to do with the lack of water I had with me. Should have brought additional water bottles for the fuel belt. Either way, I still would not have been able to keep my heart rate down. It was quite interesting, in a nerd like way, to see how my heart rate climbed so rapidly with such a slow pace. Allowing my hydration to to slow and allow my internal heat climb so quick significantly slowed my pace which did defeat the purpose of the key run. I anticipate a slow marathon during the Ironman if the heat keeps up (it should be noted that the lack of sleep and two beers with my crew the night before was not exactly ideal prep for such a hot run!)

This will all be over soon and I won't have to worry about any of this malarkey and realize the fun that is going out for a swim/ride/run just for the hell of it.

Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment