Saturday, June 29, 2013

Tour de France and a long run.

Today was the first day of Le Tour de France and what a first stage it was. It perfectly fit the chaotic history of the island of Corsica with a chaotic last 20mins of racing. 

The day began with a lot more calm, heading out of the hotel in Syracuse to perfect running weather. Cloudy and 70F. Doesn't get much better than that. A lot more prepared for this run. Fuel belt securely attached and fuel on board. This all combined to result in a really good feeling throughout the 9 miles I put on the clock today. My hip and ankle are still a little irritable. Laid off running all week and although I was aware of the two irritants, like a person staring out you in a crowd, I ran on without too much restriction, maintaining my Maffetone inspired heart rate.  Yet again I was rewarded for heading out before most. The roads were quiet and I was fortunate to stumble across a deer venturing out in to the solitude of the early morning neighborhoods. Finished it all off with a warm cup of joe from Starbucks (other coffee establishments are available :)) and an unparalleled finish to the first stage of the Tour. A good morning all in all. 

Now the recovery week awaits which is always welcoming sight. Should give the hip and ankle ample opportunity for recovery. The roller will be my best friend!

Good luck to us all!

My new pint glasses from Hammer. For the beer type of recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment