Tuesday, March 13, 2012

English country garden

Out in the UK, trying to enjoy my holiday and still maintain some training. Managed to get a short sharp ride in today with an ok rental bike from a local shop. The weather was misty and overcast with some wet roads, but was fantastic. Very few cars, lots of quadriceps scream inducing hills and peaceful English countryside. Wish I had brought my own bike to enjoy it all more. There is something very special about cycling in the area one grew up in, looking out over the rolling countryside (albeit, breathing very heavily and legs screaming at you) and just taking it all in. Allows any stress involved with the training to melt away and allow the shear enjoyment of training to return.

I wish the ankle would improve a little more so I could partake in some more runs as well. Off to swim in the pool I learned to tomorrow morning. This time in the public lanes, whilst the school swim club, with the weary, tired eyed school children who are less than impressed that their parents made them get up so early, are swimming in the lanes next door. They have not updated it since then, it would appear. Thus, a sense of deja vu will be strong.

It looks as though I am, however, missing out on some great biking weather back in Minneapolis. Can't wait to get "my boy Blue" out on the road when I get back. Should be fun.

Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment