Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tough two weeks of travelling

The last two weeks have caught up with me this morning. </p>
<p>It's been a mental challenge, flying, jetlag, holiday, then straight back to work. Irregular diet intake and sleep has all culminated in not being able to finish the swim this morning . More mental burn out and fatigue than anything. It was to the point that I was almost falling asleep during my kick lengths. Not a great sign. Therefore, in honor of the Philip Maffetone approach I favor, I called it a day early on the swim and decided to shell out for a proper breakfast. I think another contributing factor was the late night run and lack of subsequent nutrition prior to swimming. It is sometimes quite hard to maintain the right nutrition on the road when I do not have my own food with and have to rely on the crap for sale.  Frustrating!

However, to try and be positive is to view this as another pain in my ass, why can't everything just go as planned, learning experience in the crazy (or nuts) journey that is Ironman.

Good luck to us all!

Ps the ankle is improving. Shame about the abductor!

No comments:

Post a Comment