Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's been a while

A lot has happened since my last post. Currently, my ankle is still in rehab. Still swollen and struggling to get a running in. Subsequent to that there is a lot of swimming going on and biking. Unfortunately, only managed 1hr 15mins of my long ride on Thursday as I had to pack for my trip to the UK. Along with ankle injury, I feel that I have fallen short on my training this week and with my trip I feel that next week will be a challange to stay up with training. For example, right now, we are sitting in a hotel in Chicago waiting for our flights. We did not managed to get on a flight to London yesterday and the luggage went missing. Thus, I have an 8 hour window to train, but with no equipment to conduct any. Very furstrating, as this will be the second day in a row without any training. Admittedly, it won't kill me, but as anyone training for an Ironman might tell you, you get a little fidgety and nervous when you sit around so much. My hope is that the English countryside will provide a fantastic backdrop for some running and swimming (and with some luck, a few bike rides). This blip in training is a real mental test for me. I have decided to embrace it and accept the challenge. That isn't to say that I will be a success at the challenge for 100% of the time it is testing me. However, it will hopefully mentally and physically rest me and allow me to come out stronger and better off for it. Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment