Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The packing begins

The reality has arrived (odd sensation in my bowels) that Ironman Nice is just around the corner. Time to begin the packing. This takes on a similar feel as to when preparation begins for a long ride. The key question is "what would I need in this situation?". The packing then proceeds to get out of control and once phase 1 is complete, phase 2 involves removing the ridiculous stuff, that you simply do not have the room for. So far, phase 1 is still in process.

Now, fortunately, in our group, we have Mr Organized. Constitution (aka Radcliff) sent out his packing list last week, we gave great pause for reflection. It was long. The good news is that it made my list easy. I simply picked items off of his list and added them to my anorexic one. Thus, completing my rather good looking packing list.

I'm sure my packing inventory will change a number of times before we actually get on the plane next Monday. However, the base has been set and I suspect mine will be the lightest pack of them all. Getting increasingly excited for the race, like the excitement a dog shows at the anticipation of the ball being thrown! Let's hope I don't drive my wife mad by race time.

Good luck to us all!


No comments:

Post a Comment