Monday, April 2, 2012

Long ride to come

It can now be confirmed that I am happily back to the Maffetone's way of training and feeling all the better for it. This last week was a heavier week for training, logging about 12hours. Using Dr Phil's (not that one) method I have remained aerobic and subsequently recovered from workouts in a much more positive manner. Although the allergies that I am experiencing make me somewhat subdued, the workouts are noticeably less taxing and noticing a slowly improving performance for a given HR.  Running remains a concern for me. My pace is significantly down compared to biking for a given HR. This can be expected in some cases. However, it might be a couple more weeks before I get a good handle on whether this will be a problem for the future. I know if I am patient and stick to the formula, performance will improve without the baggage of injuries and illness. Constitution is suffering at the moment. It's a tough couple of weeks for him, by the sounds of things. For me, it's interesting to hear about. Having avoided overtraining for the most part -luck having most do with it - and now having read a lot more to do with Maffetone's methods, to see Constitution and hear about what has lead him to this point does go a long way to illustrating and justifying many of Philip Maffetones approaches to endurance training.  Now, more than ever, I have become a firm believer in this approach to endurance training. Tomorrow is the long ride for the week. Coming straight from work in to the ride. Need to wrap up warm and fuel the tank well. Going to bed early tonight, ready to put some miles on the clock tomorrow with Napoleon. Five hour ride followed by a 35 minute run. Should be interesting. Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment