Sunday, April 8, 2012

Long run!

Long run on the road in Tulsa today. Good conditions for it. Only just a little cooler than Nice will be in June. An hour and forty five minutes are on the schedule for today. I have lots of liquids packed, but suspect I won't have enough. It's hard to carry all your liquids as these runs become longer. You don't have the support crew you have during a race and there certainly isn't enough room on my fuel belt for everything. A good tip I received the other day was to plan your longer runs as two loops. Offering the option to refuel at the half way point. Example, I could run in to the hotel and refill my bottles.

Another challenge of the day is the fact that I brought my heart rate monitor watch, but forgot the chest strap. This will be an interesting challenge, as I will have to pace myself on feel and feel alone. Trying to estimate my heart rate. That is very difficult, as normally I would rely on the watch to scream at me when I was pushing too hard. I would expect this run to take a quicker pace. Sadly, what I will not be able to see is how my heart rate deals with that. I had been seeing a drop in HR for a given pace recently, but won't be able to judge on this long run. Bugger!

Now, off to look up the route I will be taking. Likely, along the river here in Tulsa.

Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment