Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2 days in...

The start of training has coincided with a trip. I have already found a few new places on the road which will be effective places to train in the future - which had provided a positive start to the official Ironman programme.

First day was a long, 3500 yard swim in Bismarck. Although, "long" is now a relative term, with 2.4 miles the goal. Felt pretty good for the 90 minutes in the pool. The itchy skin syndrome notwithstanding.

Today was a short 60 mins on the stationary bike, which normally would be a dreaded prospect. However, the bike available to me in Charlotte was a nice new stationary. Time flew by and was actually a good experience.

Food during recovery, whilst on the road is a challenge. My Hammer whey protein is an essential to ensure the muscles get what they need. If I rely on the food on the road then I might be in trouble. The "road food" had about as much nutritional value as my left little finger. So, bringing my own food and hammer nutrition is a must. So far so good.

Tomorrow, I might try to set my heart rate zones and have a bit of a swim.

Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment