Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back on the road

Blogging from the back of an aircraft enroute from Chicago to Bismarck, SD. Wishing very much that airports had gyms onsite. Only a handful do have them and they are mostly for employees only. A 3 hour break in an airport seems like a wasted opportunity to train.

Last week, www.airportgyms.com was successfully used at Washington Dulles airport. During a four break, I was able to get an hour bike in thanks to Rocko at Gold's gym. Although, it was at a cost. This week, I doubt I will be as lucky. Denver might provide some respite in their airport gym, but not set in stone yet.

The hours are beginning to increase. Can't believe it's already week 4 in training. I am becoming more inventive and more discovery is being made in to how I can get workouts done. By doing this, the schedule can be better adhered to.However, recovery always suffers, but isn't that what it's all about? The training is the true Ironman effort.

Glad also that I have a few weekends off approaching. Not only do I get some time at home like a "normal" weekend person, but I also get to attend some illusive group workouts, which are always fun. Allow me to introduce Peddle For Pancakes. Our local store, Urban Tri, hosts a free peddle at 9 on Saturdays, swiftly  followed by a batch of pancakes. I will also get to train with Constitution aka Radford and Napoleon. Completing all the workouts alone does allow such group workouts to be very much looked forward to. It will be nice to pass two hours on the bike with some good humored conversation. Now to just get through this trip.

Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment