Monday, February 6, 2012

Long swim and off to work

Well, the. Long run did not quite go as planned. I was having a fantastic run in the dark in Denver and I came upon a 200ft stretch that wasn't lit. I had a lot of ambient light and thought I would tread carefully. There wasn't an official path and th on coming car lights made it difficult to see. I was bopping along with my music on and then it all went wrong. Down I went, like the ground was disappearing below me. I had fallen down a wash. Not just a concrete one, but one that had jagged rock, with the uneven edges akin to the front range of Denver. My momentum may have saved the chronic pain, but the damage was done. A 4inch gash on my left knee quickly began clotting and the knowing feeling from someone who has rolled many ankles in his lifetime. The right ankle was not in good shape. I kept running in the classic macho "this doesn't really hurt" mentality. However, the reality was inescapable. I had rolled my ankle yet again. I made it to the next light and pulled in to the 7Elevem and found my Pakistani night in shining armor. What a nice man! He lent me his phone and chatted to me about cricket while I waited for the hotel van to come and pick me up. It was lucky the hotel van came when it did, as he was beginning to share how much money he had made betting on the cricket world cup. This is not something you want to hear from a Pakistani cricket fan. Google it! Anyway, Red Alert is panicking and hoping desperately that this will not effect my crushing of Napoleon and Constitution in Nice!! Ha! Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment