Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on a plane

I thought whilst I awaited, from row 32, for everyone to get off my ride to work, that I would update.

Completed the "key" swim today, which was a good challenge. Self discovered a little more of how to improve my freestyle stroke whilst counting the number of strokes. I found, although recommended to be minimal, that I was grossly under using the legs. A slight increase led to a decrease of two strokes per 25 yards. Fascinating stuff right! Well, after 3000 yards of anaerobic swimming it's like getting a $10,000 raise!

It was a good effort after a hard strength training last night. The Pellicanos kicked my butt, quite literally. A lot of work on the glutus maximus and quadriceps. All of which is gradually making itself known as we sit in the not-so-spacious coach seat.

Looking forward to one of my favorite road runs in, of all places, Peoria. It's an amazingly rural run, with some tasty hills, which will serve to enliven my long run on Friday. Such a fascinating life I lead in this sad sad world of triathlon.

Constitution sent out a funny Ioutube video this week. "sh#t triathletes say". It reminded me to check the seriousness of it all and remember that the reason we three fools entered in to this endeavor was, oddly enough, for the enjoyment of it all. We didn't get caught up in all the sportiness of it all and enjoyed it for the pure fun of it. Not constantly trying the one upmanship game that happens so often. Not caring who knew what or whether the other knew what the component of the bike was called. Simply heading out and having a good ole time was enough. That is what I will endeavor to remind myself of this week - to enjoy while I beat the sh#t out of my body!

Good luck to us all!

++ remember, proof read rarely. Takes too long +++

No comments:

Post a Comment