Sunday, February 5, 2012

Headaches and Long Ride

The long ride day has arrived. Completed my long run yesterday with not too much stress. Legs were a little tired. It was good to use the Fuel Belt again. Worked as advertised and allowed hydration the entire way round, which is something that I really rely on. Played around with the Hammer Perpetuum as well. Went straight out the door without breakfast, which typically leaves me under energized for a long run. Used the pancake like energy mix and felt strong throughout the run. Couldn't quite keep my heart rate as low as I would have liked. Lately, it always seems to spike when I run, much more so than on the bike.

I was tired enough yesterday, but managed to add to my woes when I knocked myself senseless walking to the basement. Must have been down those stairs a million times, but this occasion my head met the ceiling corner, hard! It hurt, a lot! For a second I didn't know what was going on. It appears that I don't have a concussion. The long ride today (3hours) should expose that theory. Looking forward to the ride. First, Man U vs Chelsea, then a long ride and then the Super Bowl. Seems like a well spent Sunday to me. ( A big thank you to my understanding wife!)

Today I will also try out the CyclOps training bra. Yes, that's right, my first bra. Such a milestone. Admittedly, it is more to hold off the sweat from corroding my bike than it is from supporting my moobies. Anything to prolong the life of my Boy Blue!
.

The game is about to start and I must pack a bag for the trip over to Napoleon's apartment for the ride. Need to pick out some good movies for this one. if i don't, I will have to listen to him bang on about the bloody French Rugby team the whole time. Nobody wants that! :)

Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment