Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chilly run in Denver

As with my previous post about juggling work and training, I've only managed one run so far. Although, I must say that my body isn't too upset. It was nice to give the muscles a couple of days off. Especially, with my nagging abductor injury I seem to be carrying on my left side. Flared up again this week. I think it's time to have it looked at. A lot of friends keep saying the word hernia, which excites me  about as much as seeing my beloved West Ham relegated.

It was a cold run in Denver - the kind of cold that reminds me of youthful Sunday mornings in January on the Football pitch. Only had shorts and it was 25f. I really enjoy this short run I have from the hotel. Justified I could handle Mr Jack Frost and headed out the lobby. Wasn't too bad. Legs looked like freezer burn when I returned, but did get a good run in and the altitude is always going to benefit my training in some way.

The downside is that the abductor is sore today and I've got a looooong day ahead of me today with all the unaccomodating weather in Chicago. And this is just the beginning.

I have no doubt we will get the job, aka training, done,but I may be looking at a few early mornings and more than a few long days. It's what it's all about! Can't wait. Now where's the Tylenol!


No comments:

Post a Comment