Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Home time and Fartleks

Get to go home today after a long four day trip that ended with a lot of flying today. Mother nature always seems to show up towards the end of my work week.

Still, managed a good Boxing Day Fartlek. Got on the treadmill in Cedar Rapids at the hotel and bashed out a decreasing set of miles - 9, 8:30, 8:00, 7:45. Heart rate was nice and high toward the end, so decided to cut the workout short at 4 miles. Had originally planned on 6, but the warm up on the bike was a little vigorous and perhaps took a little out of me. Or it could have been the outrageous non organic diet over Christmas! Either way, the heart was showing the strain on the increased and indoor heavy workout, so that was all she had Captain!

I'll be back out tomorrow for a ride on the rollers I think. Haven't been on the bike for a week or so and I miss my new toy. Normally, I am a little run down on my first day after work, so a bike sounds about right. Especially, seeing as official Ironman training starts on Jan 4th! I'm as excited as a dog waiting for it's favourite treat.

Good luck to us all!



No comments:

Post a Comment