Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekend Warrior-ing



This weekend was spent with two groups, with two different disciplines. Saturday's run with a group Napoleon knew was actually tough. My aerobic base seems to have left me like a hurricane leaves a city. We ran a pretty reasonable distance of 7 miles at 8:45/min pace, but I found the heart rate to be quite high. Looks like I need to go back to my favourite book by Dr. Maffetone, called Training For Endurance. Time for some controlled heart rate training to re-establish my base.

Woke up with some soreness, but that loosened up nicely with the sweaty morning spin. Span for a little over 1hr 40mins and we managed a nice 27miles. Initially, biking indoors looked like it would be the opposite end of fun. However, with a stage of the Paris-Roubaix race on the laptop and some fascinating chat from my fellow riders, we ticked off the miles and clock without realising. However, can I stand 3 hours doing that??

Went over to "Radford" aka Constituion's house to scope out the basement spinning area. The setup pretty impressive. I can see us spending some time squeezed in to the basement, riding away the winter hours watching some classics on the big screen. He even has it setup so you can email and work whilst running or biking! My favourite, however, has to be the part of the ceiling he has removed above the treadmill, so there is enough space for his head whilst running. Nothing as trivial as a ceiling will stand in the way of this Ironman!

All typos are natural and unavoidable!

No comments:

Post a Comment