Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nap and an Espresso and you get an 8 mile run!

So, this morning waking up was the equivalent of waking a groggy teenager! I just could get it of bed. Even Maggy (my lab) didn't fancy it. Thus, I designated today as off day. At least until I had an Espresso and a nap (not in that order).

A local tri shop that is a few blocks from me posted a group run for tonight. That was like dangling a large bar of chocolate in front of a 3 yr old. Curiously irresistable.

Off I went expectin a short 5 miles at most. That was the second time I had been wrong today! Not to mentioned the -1f windchill outside - see inserted pictures. 8 miles later and Maggy and I were done. I may well regret it in the morning, but sometimes it just feels good to go outside and run.



No comments:

Post a Comment