Thursday, December 15, 2011

Motivation and Lunch

The reality of training and working, with the increased volume required of Ironman, is setting in. Last night, after a very dynamic and drawn out day at "the office", I had a dark, peaceful and quiet arrival in the early hours. I snuck in to the house to be sure not to wake anyone, but with the excitable Maggy Mae, this simply isn't as straight forward as it sounds. She bounced around like she was on springs. However, when morning rolled around, after only 5 hours of sleep, Maggy seemed to share my view point on training today. Should have gone to strength training with Coach Danielle, but just couldn't get up and going. Hopefully, I will be able to get in tomorrow for some pain and suffering.

This evening - Marie is headed out for the night for classes - will see me on the trainer again, this time for about another 20 miles. Then perhaps a run and a swim in the morning.

Hopefully, the abductor keeps calm and doesn't bother me. It's still sore from the run the other day and my concerns are mounting as to what the problem is. I am going to go on an aggressive course of ice, rolling and stretching in the hope that it improves soon.

Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment